Aquilae Bio Grillo DOC Sicily 75 cl CVA
- Type: white –DOC Sicily Grape variety: Grillo
- Number of bottles produced per year: 60,000
- Production area: Municipalities of Canicattì, Naro, Racalmuto, Campobello of Licata, Ravanusa, Favara, Cattolica Eraclea, Calastra, Licata and Giardina Gallotti, in the Agrigento area
- Type of soil: silty-sandy soils, medium mixture with alkaline reaction due to active limestone
- Altitude: from 200 m. at 600 m.
- Average age of the vines: 15 years
- Training system: mainly espalier, with a renewable and spurred cordon system
- Plants per hectare: 4000 - 5000
- Yield per hectare: 10 t.
- Harvest: September
Last time this product was added to a cart: 2021-09-12
Tasting notes Color: straw yellow with green reflections; Nose: characterized by clear and harmonious aromas of hay, mimosa and chamomile, which alternate and intertwine with hints of rennet apple, almond, gooseberry, exotic fruit and herbs of the Mediterranean scrub; Palate: decisive, with a strong personality, consistent with the aristocratic imprint given by the grape that gives it life, striking for its solidity and extreme composure, the result of a noble texture and an appropriate acid component; Characteristics: it is the demonstration of the validity of the ancient adage “class is not water”, the example of how an important variety can be so versatile as to transform itself, at the same time, into a complex, pleasant and wonderfully drinkable wine. Food pairings: suggestive the combination with an Acquerello rice with nettles, spaghetti with sea urchins, fried cod, monkfish au gratin, sardines a "beccaficu"; the combination with sole "alla mugnaia" and baked grouper is perfect.
You might also like