Cru Aynat Nero D'Avola Sicilia DOC 75 cl CVA
- Type: red - DOC Sicilia
- Grape variety: Nero d'Avola
- Number of bottles produced per year: 6,500
- Production area: Municipalities of Canicattì
- Type of soil: silt-sandy soils, of medium texture with alkaline reaction due to active limestone, with a white color given by the "trube" that characterize the most suitable soils for the production of this variety
- Altitude: from 200 m. at 600 m.
- Average age of the vines: 25/30 years
- Training system: mainly espalier, with a renewable and spurred cordon system
- Plants per hectare: 4000 - 5000
- Yield per hectare: 6.5 t.
- Harvest: early October
- Fermentation: in steel and cement vats at 30 ° C. with six punching down per day
- Duration of maceration: 20 days
- Malolactic fermentation: totally carried out
- Aging: 12/14 months in new French oak barrels
- Refinement in the bottle: twelve months before release
- Vintages produced: 2004 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010
- Serving temperature: 18 ° C
- Recommended glass: large and rounded, with important reds.
Last time this product was added to a cart: 2023-04-23
TASTING NOTES Color: intense red, almost black with purple reflections; Nose: the typical varietal characteristics are widely recognizable, from hints of plum to black cherries in alcohol, from humus to licorice notes; when opening, there are also intense nuances of nutmeg, tobacco and graphite, very distinct and pleasant; Palate: expressiveness and harmony are its dominant themes, which translate into a tasty and vibrant mouth, where the warmth and the disarming incredible ease of drinking stand out, also made possible by the velvety tannins; Characteristics: an exciting and fleshy wine, exemplary expression of the grape symbol of the Sicilian enological renaissance, powerful and elegant, beautiful and graceful, of superior class; Food pairings: to be enjoyed with pappardelle with sausage and porcini mushrooms, bucatini with meat sauce, sumptuous pasta alla Norma; The combination with the stew of horse meat, the classic Sicilian “false lean” well sauced, the “ammuttunatu” tuna with garlic and mint sauce was also successful. Among the cheeses, the well-matured ones with compact paste are recommended.
You might also like