Aquilae Chardonnay Terre Siciliane PGI 75 cl CVA
- Type: white - Terre Siciliane IGP
- Grape variety: Chardonnay
- Number of bottles produced in the year: 40,000
- Production area: inland Agrigento - Municipalities of Canicattì, Naro, Racalmuto, Sant'Angelo Muxaro, Porto Empedocle, Realmente, Siculiana and Giardina Gallotti (Agrigento); Monreale (Palermo)
- Type of soil: silty-sandy soils, medium mixture with alkaline reaction due to active limestone
- Altitude: from 200 m. at 600 m.
- Average age of the vines: 15 years
- Training system: mainly espalier, with a renewable and spurred cordon system
- Plants per hectare: 4000 - 5000 Yield per hectare: 8 t.
- Harvest: end of August
- Fermentation: in steel vats at a controlled temperature of 16 ° C. for 15 days
- Malolactic fermentation: not carried out
- Aging: three months in vats < li> Refinement in the bottle: two months before release
- Serving temperature: 12 ° C
- Recommended glass: from white with good structure, slightly rounded.
from white with good structure, slightly rounded. from white with good structure, slightly rounded.
Tasting notes Color: intense straw yellow with green reflections; Nose: it presents itself with the characteristic kit of the great variety it is, alternating clear and distinct varietal aromas such as acacia, broom and mimosa, with fruity nuances that evoke banana, papaya, ripe pineapple, crossed by suggestive memories of orange blossom flowers; Palate: rich, almost opulent, fully corresponding to the kaleidoscope of base aromas, of exemplary harmony, enveloping and soft, it is pleasant beyond words, full and persistent, progressive and juicy; Characteristics: it could be the archetype of the perfect wine, beautiful to look at, with sweet and fascinating notes, very good to drink: it is simply a nectar that fully expresses its varietal vocation and the extraordinary “terroir” of Sicily; Food pairings: it can be paired with bucatini with sardines, spaghetti with real octopus, fragrant tagliolini with lobster, cannelloni with fish sauce; excellent with stewed crab, baked swordfish rolls and red snapper steak with herbs.
You might also like