Scialo Nero D'Avola and Syrah Terre Siciliane PGI 75 cl CVA
- Type red - Terre Siciliane IGP Grape variety Nero d'Avola and Syrah in equal measure
- Number bottles produced in the 40,000 year
- Production area in the Agrigento hinterland - Municipalities of Canicattì, Favara, Giardina Gallotti, Grotte, Naro, and Palma di Montechiaro
- Type of soil silt-sandy soils, medium mixture with alkaline reaction due to active limestone
- Altitude from 200 m. 600 m.
- Average age of vines 15 years
Tasting notes Very intense ruby color with a purple hue; The nose unfolds with captivating and clear accents of blackcurrant, cherries in alcohol and blackberry jam, crossed by nuances of cinchona, tobacco, juniper, coffee, nutmeg and thyme, fine and concentrated; On the palate the skilful use of wood has made the magnificent starting fruit even richer and more powerful, giving it a full and decisive taste, almost “snappy”, very lively; also noteworthy are the well-defined tannins, dense and already soft and sweet; Characteristics belongs to the category of wines of great caliber, elegant and with a strong personality, it is round and complex, full of enviable vitality and energy, combined with a rare pleasantness to drink; Gastronomic combinations it is advisable to combine it with ricotta ravioli with pork sauce, cavati with Nebrodi black pork cheek, stewed wild boar liver, paprika goulash, leg of lamb stuffed with herbs. An impeccable combination with seasoned and spicy hard cheeses.
You might also like